- We personalize the universe and think that it is all happening for us. In one sense it is, because we are an inseparable part of the universe.
- We are limited by our physical senses and this is frustrating to us. We want to be able to predict the future and make it secure and certain. But there are too many variables and we cannot really know.
- This is what happens when we encounter our soul mate. The inner loneliness that makes us feel like we are half of something is gone and we have now found the other half that makes us feel whole.
- The city is busy with people who are desperate for love, though they dull their emotions through drinking and eating at the “in” places, they all are like little children, looking for love and affection, warmth and closeness.
A look in somebody's eyes
To light up the skies
To open the world and send it reeling
A voice that says, I'll be here
And you'll be alright
- The point here is that we are not finding love within ourselves. We are looking outside ourselves for a sense of completeness. This may be a doomed effort because we must love ourselves deeply and sincerely first. We must cherish ourselves and find that peace within. Because no one will ever be able to do that for you.
Just where I will go
'Cause all that I need is this crazy feeling
A rat-tat-tat on my heart
- It’s exhilarating to fall in love and be in love. It feels so good to know that someone cares and also excites you. This rush can be addicting like any other drug. And like a drug, when it is withdrawn, it hurts.
City of stars
Are you shining just for me?
City of stars
You never shined so brightly
- Being in love makes all things feel new, fresh, and full of exciting possibilities. We want to stay in that state forever. It is wonderful and miraculous!